My name’s Alyssa, and I am a self-proclaimed bibliophile. I started A Reader’s Journey because I wanted a place where I could express my thoughts and opinions on all things literary. There aren’t many people in my life that I can discuss my love of books with, and I would really love to write down all of the things that enter my head. Feel free to reach out at any time. My focus is to gain connections with people like me and I would love to meet fellow book lovers!
Favorite Book Genres
♦ Black Comedy
♦ Historical Fiction
♦ Contemporary Fiction
Things to Know About Me
- I live in northern New Jersey, where we say things like “cawfee,” and where summer weekends are made for the Jersey Shore.
- I am an artist and creator: I paint, draw, scrapbook, even crochet. If it’s a creative outlet, then it’s something that I love to do in my spare time.
- I studied graphic and web design, so this website not only serves as an outlet for my love of reading but a representation of my design style.
- I am a huge fangirl: I love The Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, and much more.
- I’m a huge fan of history and genealogy, and my heritage is mostly Norwegian (Vikings!!), Hungarian and Scottish. I’m very proud of where I come from, and I believe that knowledge helps you to figure out where you’re going.
- Autumn is my favorite season. I love the crisp night air, boots, and the changing colors of the leaves.
- I LOVE all things scary. Halloween is my favorite holiday and my favorite movie of all time is Poltergeist. I first watched it as a small child, and I was Freddy Krueger for Halloween when I was 11 years old. I know. Weird, right?
Please comment, share and follow along with me as I explore this new world of blogging. I would love to get to know you better, so send me a message. Don’t be afraid to reach out! Happy Reading!