Happy Thursday everyone! I got SUPER lucky today with the closing of my school, so I get to take the day off to do WHATEVER I WANT!! So, I think I’ll write this post, read my book, make an omelette, then binge-watch The Crown and take a nap. Sound good? It does to me! As the snow rages outside my bedroom window, I got to thinking about my blog and how far I’ve come. 2018 will be my first full year of blogging, and I want to set some goals for myself. I plan to accomplish a lot this year!
2018 Goals: Reading
- Read 75 Books. I managed to get through 70 books this year, which exceeded my goal of 50! I want to up my number and see how I do.
- Read More Nonfiction. Two of my 70 books in 2017 (The Romanov Sisters and The Radium Girls) were absolute knockouts for me, so I made a plan to read more nonfiction books! I already have some lined up:
- Keep my Netgalley Feedback Ratio High. I just started on Netgalley a few months ago, but I’ve already managed to build up books to read! I want to only request one or two books a month and actually read them that same month.
- Read More Authors of Color. I don’t usually choose books based on the author unless I’ve loved one of their previous books, but I’d like to check out more titles by authors of different races and more diverse books as well.
- Venture Outside of My Comfort Genres. I typically read thrillers and historical fiction (which I absolutely WILL NOT give up), but I’d like to break the mold and try new kinds of books, like classics and young adult! I have a few already waiting for me to check out:
2018 Goals: Blogging
- I would absolutely love to hit 200 followers! I managed to reach 100 followers in November, so I don’t think this is asking too much.
- I’d like to curate more book lists, especially my On This Day series. I have so much fun coming up with ideas for On This Day and it seems to be one of my more popular posts!
- Participating in Top Ten Tuesday and other Memes tend to claim my highest views ever. I would love to keep doing those Memes, but not too often as I prefer to do more original posts!
- I have seen Blog Tours all over, and I would absolutely love to be a part of at least one this year. These may not be very popular post-wise, but it’s something I haven’t done before and would be interested in trying at least once!
- Write every day. I want to eventually write a novel, and I know that by writing every day this helps develop skills. Writing here would definitely help me in that department.
That’s all! I know it doesn’t seem like a lot, but I figure if I aim small I can accomplish all that I want and more! Do you guys have any goals set for yourselves? Are you participating in any reading challenges this year? Keep the conversation going below and Happy Reading!!!