Another month has gone by, so it’s time for my October wrap-up! October is by far my favorite month, so I’m very sad to see it go! Halloween is so much fun and I love decorating for it and for Autumn. Anyway, here are the books I’ve read this month!
Note: Click here to see my October TBR to see how well I followed it!
Books I’ve Read
- The Lying Game by Ruth Ware: This was my second book by Ware, and it was much better than the first one I read, The Woman in Cabin 10. I rated it 5 stars!
- The House on Foster Hill by Jaime Jo Wright: This was my first approved Netgalley request, and I was pleasantly surprised with the story. I rated it 3 stars.
- The Stars Are Fire by Anita Shreve: A historical fiction novel, this was a wonderful read! I rated it 5 stars!
- Final Girls by Riley Sager: This was a literary take on the idea of the Final Girl, the last girl left alive by a slasher. I rated it 5 stars!
- Silent Lies by Kathryn Croft: This was another Netgalley eBook, a psychological thriller this time, and I really enjoyed the character dynamics in it. I rated it 4 stars.
- The Rules of Magic by Alice Hoffman: Practical Magic is a favorite book of mine, so it was obvious that I read its prequel. I rated it 5 stars! My review will be going up tomorrow.
- These Violent Delights by Victoria Namkung: My last Netgalley eBook of the month, this was a very powerful and emotional book about the repercussions of sexual assault. My review will be posted soon, but I rated it 4 stars.
- Best Day Ever by Kaira Rouda: I bought this book at Barnes and Noble after all of the hype I saw, and I really enjoyed it! My review will be up soon, and I rated it 4 stars.
- The Blackbird Season by Kate Moretti: I finished this book yesterday and it was a little underwhelming in my opinion. I guess there was so much hype that I expected more. I rated it 3 stars.
- Black-Eyed Susans by Julia Heaberlin: I’m still reading this as we speak, and I’m hoping to finish it by the end of the month, but so far I’m enjoying it and I’m looking forward to the conclusion!
October TBR List:
- The Witches, Salem 1692 by Stacy Schiff. ✘ – This was a difficult book to get through for me. There was a lot to follow and I didn’t want to spend the whole month reading it. I’ve decided to take it off my TBR.
- Final Girls by Riley Sager ✔
- Best Day Ever by Kaira Rouda ✔
- The Blackbird Season by Kate Moretti ✔
- The Stars Are Fire by Anita Shreve ✔
- The Fireman by Joe Hill. ✘ – I had to bring this book back to the library before its due date. Because of its size, I didn’t want to start it and not finish it this month. It’s still on my TBR, I just have to find a better time to read it.
TV and Movies This Month
Because I’ve read so many books, obviously my life has been a bit slow this month. I focused a lot on reading and let other things slide, like some of my favorite TV shows. I watch too many TV shows, but I’m excited for some more than others! Stranger Things is up as of yesterday!! I plan on watching it at some point but I’m not sure when. The Walking Dead is back!! That one I’ve had no problem keeping up with. Outlander!!!! Season 3 has been a whirlwind of emotions for me, and I haven’t missed a single episode! Modern Family and Law & Order: SVU round out the shows I’ve been keeping up with, but there are many that have been placed on the back burner.
As for movies, October is my favorite month for horror films! Here’s a list of my top 13 favorites. I watched a bunch of these this month, including a movie called Hell House, LLC, which was offered on Amazon Prime. This was probably my favorite new scary movie to watch this month. It’s about the opening of a haunted house for Halloween, but as the cast and crew set it up, strange things happen that cause serious alarm bells to go off. It’s found footage style, but it’s not as bas as Blair Witch in that sense. It scared me enough to stay away from those creepy haunted houses, just in case. Check it out if you’re interested!
October wasn’t too bad in terms of changes in my life. The BIGGEST change so far is that my boyfriend left for Puerto Rico with the military on Tuesday, and I’m counting down the 60 days he’ll be down there. He’s safe and sound, and we’re able to talk often, which is nice. But I’m sad to be away from him for so long! So plan on seeing a lot more of me on here. Since my one love is gone for awhile, my new love will get extra attention from me! It’ll be a way to pass the time quickly.
I’ve been actively building my blog Instagram, and I’m really proud of what I’ve accomplished with it! Click here to follow me and check it out for yourself. Here are some of my top photos this month! I know they’re not very creative or artsy, but I’m proud nonetheless and I’m excited to explore more!
This was a fantastic reading month for me! I think this is the most books I’ve read in a single month, and it was really easy to get into the swing of it and focus on my books. And now that my boyfriend will be spending lots of time in Puerto Rico (sad face!!!) I will have even more time on my hands for reading.
I’m secretly happy to have more time to read I’m super sad to have all this alone time to tend to my inner introvert. Here’s to another awesome reading month!